Museums and Art Galleries
The best way to explore Mallorca’s artistic history is to visit its cultural centres and art galleries. Below is a list of the most visited cultural centres:
- Mallorca Cathedral and Museum–14th century Gothic cathedral.
- Palau March Museum – Collection of sculptures, medieval carvings, and a Neapolitan Nativity Scene.
- Pilar i Joan Miró Foundation - Palma de Mallorca
- Es Baluard –Palma Museum of Modern Art
- La Caixa “Gran Hotel” Foundation – Palma de Mallorca
- La Cartuja - Valldemossa
- Krèkovic Museum– Palma de Mallorca
- Yannick & Ben Jakober Museum – Alcúdia
The warm Mediterranean weather in Mallorca means that you can play golf all year round.
As a guest at the hotel, you enjoy special benefits and discounts on your green fees at the following golf courses:
- Son Vida Club de Golf – Palma de Mallorca – 31 km from the hotel
- Son Quint Golf – Palma de Mallorca – 32 km from the hotel
- Golf Maioris – Llucmajor – 4.7 km from the hotel
- Golf Son Antem – Llucmajor – 6.5 km from the hotel
- Son Muntaner Golf – Palma de Mallorca – 32 km from the hotel
- Golfpark Puntiro– Palma de Mallorca – 30 km from the hotel
- Son Gual Golf – Palma de Mallorca – 25 km from the hotel
Mallorca is the perfect place for cycling almost all year round, and the island has a variety of routes to suit both professional and amateur cyclists. In addition, there are several routes for cycle tourism close to the Hilton Sa Torre Mallorca, which means that it is one of the best spots for cycling.
The wide variety of cultural attractions available in the Balearic Islands is only matched by the amazing array of arts and crafts. Visitors will find glassware, ceramics, embroidery, fabrics, shoes, leather, silverwork, trinkets, jewellery, and pearls as well as the latest trends in fashion and works of art from artists from around the world, who have incorporated traditional Majorcan artwork into their own traditions.
Palma is famous for a wide range of arts and crafts such as glass, ceramics, and its fabrics known as “llengües”, which are used in the home.
The island is also famous for its leather and pearls, which are cultivated on the island.
The most famous culinary products are “ensaïmada” (pastry cakes) and “sobrasada” (sausage), but there is also a wide variety of Majorcan wines and liquors, such as “Herbes” and “Palo”.
The shopping centre in Palma’s town centre is pedestrian-only, and is located in the old part of the town, between the Plaça d’Espanya Square and the Plaça Major Square.
Porto Pi, a modern shopping centre which has numerous shops, cinemas, and restaurants is located between Joan Miró Street, L’Avinguda Gabriel Roca Street and Passeig Marítim Street.
- Porto Pi Centre – Palma de Mallorca, 29.8 km from the hotel
- Festival Park – Santa María, 38 km from the hotel
Mallorca is popular with all those who love sailing, cruises, or competition sailing.
- Real Club Náutico de Palma – Palma de Mallorca – 30 km from the hotel
- Club Náutico Arenal – Llucmajor – 10 km from the hotel
- Portals Nous – Calvià – 44 km from the hotel
Mallorca’s beaches and coves are renowned for their beauty, safety, fine sand, clear water, amenities and, above all, for their quality. The following beaches are the nearest:
- El Arenal – Llucmajor - 15 km from the hotel
- Cala Pi – Llucmajor – 21.7 km from the hotel
- Sa Ràpita – Llucmajor –28.3 km from the hotel
- Es Trenc – Llucmajor - 35 km from the hotel
- Ses Covetes – Llucmajor - 38 km from the hotel